Sunday, October 18, 2015

HOI-- WEEK 20



This week I...
-- started by enjoying this gorgeous fall weather with a camping trip at Indian Caves State Park with my family. It was a quick trip but we still fit in multiple hikes and campfires -- the important stuff! The weather was perfect and the mosquitos were non-existent. Unfortunately, the caves were closed for construction. Now we have a reason to go back!
-- absolutely adored having the week away from work to spend with T. We are now HUGE fans "staycations". We are both super bummed to go back to work this week! We had some lazy mornings (it felt so good to be well-rested!) and ate take out from many of our favorite local restaurants (including Salween Thai and el Aguila). We had a fantastic week!
-- celebrated the birthday of two of my favorite men -- T & my dad! We celebrated in our family's typical style with a large, delicious meal, chatter, and ping pong. T and I celebrated his birthday with lunch w/ his mom at her work then an afternoon showing of The Martian in 3D. It was a great movie!
-- spent an afternoon in Grand Island exploring our soon-to-be hometown. We peeked at a few housing options and were treated to a fabulous steak dinner with T's grandparents! We love Omaha but are looking forward to a change of pace in Grand Island next summer.

xo,
Krista

1 comment:

  1. Hi :) it's fun to catch up on your blog! I haven't read it for a while but am happy I rediscovered it. Glad to see that you are doing well, I'd love to see you some time!
    I think the format of these recent posts is great, I might try adapting it to my blog, although I don't know that I have as many updates/varying circumstances as you do so it might not work.
    Anyway, you're awesome and reading about your life makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete