Sunday, September 17, 2023

 


This week..

-- we celebrated my birthday! My nurse made my work-day festive with decorations and my favorite sources of caffeine (Diet Coke and Peach Red Bull!). We went out to eat at a dinner club where we are members but rarely attend. It felt special to eat someone out of our norm and to not have to cook/clean! 

-- we met friends at Disney On Ice! Elle sat on the edge of her seat the entire show. Since our friends bought tickets, we bought each kid a souvenir. They each picked different toys from a tall Ariel stuffed animal (Elle) to various bubble/lightup wands and we chose a Mickey Mouse for Callum. Cal was wiggly and TIRED the entire show. He asked multiple times to leave and if it was over. But now he wants to watch the videos on repeat and shrieks with each character sighting "Mickey Mouse!! Minnie Mouse!! Silly Goofy - Goofy fall down!". Although the price of parking and navigating Lincoln, NE on a home game day was less-than-awesome, it was one of the parent moments that made me so happy! I'll be one of the first to buy tickets for the next version that tours. Plus, the kids both fell asleep on the drive home so T and I had a chance to talk and dream about future vacations and all that fun "what if" talk that NEVER happens now that kids interrupt every 2.2 seconds. 


xo,

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment