Sunday, April 8, 2018

HO3-- WEEK 40

Many finished projects! Shutters on the garage, sliding door to the master ensuite, pot of vegetable soup,
highchair assembly, stroller assembly, and crib assembly! So fun!
This week..
-- it's a new month so I'm on a new rotation! I'm working with an OB/GYN in Hastings, NE (just a 20-30 minute commute from home) which is an especially good rotation because he has a satellite clinic in Holdrege each week. So, not only are we busy with surgeries, deliveries, and clinic - but I also get to know him and what he can offer my future patients! Of course, I'm trying to keep the majority of my focus on boards which are just 8 days away!
-- we spent the weekend at the new house wrapping up a bunch of small projects! We were really hoping we could rent a power rake and get the backyard seeded for grass (we had SO much dust and weeds last year as we waited to complete the garage!) however, the weather did not cooperate. But, in the end it all worked out because the 4 of us (Thanks Mom & Dad!) stayed busy with many other to-dos! We had a couple fun baby projects are people have already generously gifted us a crib, high chair, and stroller. It's been like Christmas as packages keep showing up on our front porch! You all are the best! I also twisted by dad's arm to make me a whole pot of his delicious vegetable soup to make my low-carb diet a little easier. The biggest project was hanging a sliding barn door between our master bedroom and ensuite. It looks gorgeous but it had a decent number of steps (including drilling 1/4th inch holes into the steel track. I didn't think the drill bit T had was going to be able to do it!). We only made one serious mistake with where we hung the header - but my parents were great and had the holes in the drywall spackled before I could even whine much. Probably the simplest to-do (but it has huge visual impact!) was hanging some decorative shutters on our garage. We spent some extra time/money to make that side of the garage appealing since we see it from the back of the house/deck/backyard. Unfortunately, its been super cold or muddy since the siding was hung so we've kept putting it off. I forgot to take a wide shot from the alley but they look super sharp as our deck has black accents. Probably the best part of the weekend was just spending time with family, dreaming about this kid, and feeling one step closer to moving in! The next time I expect to be at the house will be the big moving day in one month!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment