Sunday, March 25, 2018

HO3-- WEEK 38


This week..
-- I spent the end of the week in Omaha for the Nebraska Academy of Family Physician Conference. We stayed in the hotel attached to the conference center and our days were filled with lectures and social events. We started with the annual Resident Research Symposium where each of us seniors were required to present a poster. Many of us did a case report which is a quick, anonymous synopsis of an interesting patient/illness we've encountered. We all stand next to our posters and answer questions the judges/our coworkers may have and there is a small cash prize for the best few. I actually ended up winning first place! It is always a very informative conference and a great opportunity to catch up with my friends/former co-workers that are working in other parts of the state. Crazy to think that was my last time going as a resident! Graduation is just around the corner!
-- before I left for the conference, we snuck in a class called Baby Care Basics. They went over swaddling, safe sleep, infant CPR, etc. T was really sweet and took everything very seriously. I've heard him tell multiple people that you aren't supposed to use baby powder until they are at least 1 year old so they don't inhale the particles. He wrapped a pretty secure swaddle on the first try!
-- my lovely grandma turned NINTY FIVE. Isn't that wild?! She is amazing! We kept the celebration simple because she bravely had a semi-elective neck surgery a few weeks ago and isn't quite ready for a giant party. But it was fabulous to celebrate the occasion! I don't get to see my Omaha family often enough!

xo,
Krista

1 comment: