Sunday, August 13, 2017

HO3-- WEEK 6

The only picture from our day at the lake
(you know you're in good company when you don't think about taking photos)
This week..
-- we spent Saturday night with good friends at their family's lake house. The weather was beautiful. We spent some time on the beach and even more time cruising in their boat. They are friends who also appreciate good food so we had a delicious meal finished with dessert to celebrate a birthday! (We brought the Chantilly cake from Whole Foods - if you're looking for a non-chocolate dessert I recommend it!)  Is there anything better than time with great friends?!
-- we got to briefly talk to my little brother on FaceTime. Did I tell you he is no longer in L.A.? He moved to Hawaii! It's so fun to see the adventures my siblings are creating! The best part of errands & events in Omaha is that we typically crash with my parent's on Friday night. We relaxed on their deck, checked out the newest projects at their house, and I complained about taxes (T confirmed our tax rate next year and since I'm considered a contractor we will pay >50%. Barf!) They also introduced us to their new favorite ice cream which is poor timing as I've been trying to improve my diet (fast-food is way to convenient in this city!). And bonus! We were with them when my brother called! A 5-hour time difference is a little difficult.. just sayin'.
-- the appliances were delivered to the new house! Yay! Now you don't have to hear my chatter about them any longer! Yes - it felt like Christmas. Yes - I did stand in the laundry room for the whole first cycle expecting a hose to fly off the back and the room to flood. Yes - I am completely impressed with the advancements in technology and the thousand features. And yes - it is amazing to have a perfectly clean, empty fridge.

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment