Sunday, January 1, 2017

HO2-- WEEK 31-32

Major Family Christmas 2016
(we were having too much fun to remember to take any pictures with the Stoecker Family!)
These past two weeks we...
-- thoroughly enjoyed celebrating Christmas with each of our families. We were thrilled to not have to travel to meet T's family on Christmas Eve plus T's bank in Grand Island closed earlier than his previous locations in Omaha so we had probably triple the time with his family! We broke tradition and had a delicious turkey dinner (and our sweet potatoes made another appearance!) then opened packages. We especially had fun gifting a few things that weren't specifically asked for -- like the beautiful shelf T built for his grams, the smart watch for his mom, and the AeroGarden for my parents. Because of the zero-visibility fog in the forecast, we left for my family's Christmas celebration Christmas Eve and made it to Omaha in time to celebrate with my extended family. What a bonus! Christmas Day with my siblings started with buttermilk pancakes + homemade buttermilk & blueberry syrups plus quiche! (It's tradition..) We then Skype'd with my out-of-state Grandma & brother and exchanged presents. The siblings decided to anonymously exchange names (we used Elfster) for our gift exchange-- and I think everyone was genuinely excited about the gifts they received! We spent the rest of the day playing games (the voting game, exploding kittens, we didn't playtest this at all, LCR, cards, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting) and spent a significant amount of time sharing our favorite YouTube videos. The fun extended until the 26th! T and I were able to stay in Omaha an extra night since Christmas fell on a Sunday and the highlight of the day-after was stealing a few more minutes via Chinese takeout with my Aunt and Grandma! We had such a good Christmas!

xo,
Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment