Sunday, October 23, 2016

HO2-- WEEK 21

T's pumpkin for the contest at his work - who knew he could be crafty?!
This week..
-- I'm still working mostly in Neurology clinic- lots of headaches and procedures for headaches (lidocaine injections, botox, etc). I was on-call last night but the pager was pretty good to me so I didn't waste most of today napping - yay! When we're on-call Saturday, we help with any of the scheduled c-sections the week prior so I had 3 deliveries (probably the highlight of the week!). Tomorrow we take our annual "in-service exam" which a national, speciality-specific exam whose purpose is to ensure you are on-track to pass boards at the end of residency. I'll take the test in Kearney so I'm having total small-town thoughts tonight -- "do I need anything at Target while I'm there? Am I craving any restaurants we don't have in GI?" haha
-- we took dessert to our friends' home and shared with them our pictures from our vacation. T and I have been terrible about not doing anything with our pictures after our last few vacations (I have good intentions of printing books but they are just so time consuming to make!). This was really fun to relive the highlights and feel like we were putting the pictures to good use!
-- I am now working with the teenage girls at church! It's something I've never been asked to help with (I've always taught the adult Sunday School class or worked with the adult Women..) but I'm excited for the opportunity! The girls are great and I expect they will teach me as much as I will learn from them..
-- my dad had a birthday! T had the day off work so he got to golf with my dad and then have dinner with my parents - I was totally jealous! We live so close but yet so far! We gifted him what we probably all need, a UV-light cellphone sanitizer. It may be a gimmick but we use UV light at the hospital to sanitize rooms, so it may be legit? My phone is likely utterly disgusting as it touches all sorts of surfaces at the hospital, public bathrooms, etc. Gross.  I'll have to try out his gift next time I'm in Omaha..

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment