Sunday, September 4, 2016

HO2-- WEEK 14


This week..
-- T's family from TX came up for the game! They spent all day tailgating (despite the rain prior to kick off!) and had a great time I'm sure. They stayed overnight in Lincoln so I haven't heard first-hand yet what they thought. One of T's cousins is a huge Husker fan and this was his first game - so I'm sure it was awesome. Plus, it's always fun to watch a good win!
-- I started a month rotation with the general surgeons in town. We spend our mornings in the operating room and our afternoons in clinic (and our weekends not working!). I love working with my hands so I'm a happy gal in the OR. We do a variety of procedures such as appendectomies, cholecystectomies, mastectomies, hernia repairs, fundiplications.. the list goes on and on. As a family practice doctor, it is great experience to view the surgeries I'll refer my patient's for, as well as hearing the in-office counseling and post-op expectations. Unfortunately, my clinic schedule will keep me away from many of the surgeries.. but I'll be there helping when I can!
-- we caved and subscribed to cable TV (the Netflix + Sling TV combo just wouldn't cut it during football season!) With the "bundle", I ended up with a landline which will actually be super nice for work. Part of "call" for work includes answering any after-hours calls to the clinic with people seeking advice -- so I'll have our landline number 'unlisted' so I can quit *67-ing on my cellphone in the middle of the night. We don't own a landline phone so nothing is hooked up yet and I didn't even think to ask the installer what our phone number is before he left.. guess I can call my cell phone with it once I buy a phone and find out?

xo,
Krista

P.S. Happy birthday to one of my absolute favorite people and happy anniversary to my parents! September is a great month for our family (Yes.. I do have a birthday coming up.. thanks for asking!) Wish I could be in Omaha today celebrating with you all! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment