Sunday, July 17, 2016

HO2-- WEEK 7


This week...
-- I had my first clinic and over-night call shift in Grand Island! The system is completely different than Omaha so it's stressful to adjust to the new records/process. However, it went alright! The biggest adjustment is from being an intern where you always have in-house call to being an upper-level where you have home-call. Now, instead of being at the hospital and awake between all pages I am at home! Maybe that was self-explanatory. But it brings a whole 'nother set of issues - do I sleep in our bedroom so T is awakened with each page? Do I go to sleep with my normal schedule or do I wait/hope for a lull in the pages later in the night? Do I sleep in my makeup? And for what phone calls do I drive back to the hospital vs answer the questions over the phone. Like I said, whole 'nother ball game. But we will adjust! All of the staff in both the clinic and hospital have been great so I know we will make a good team.
-- we snuck back to Omaha for 24-hours to complete a few projects and see the family! It's great being close enough that we can get back-and-forth without a significant amount of time away from work. Besides the projects, we snuck in a round of frisbee golf, regular golf, and dinner at Flagship Commons. Now back to reality in Grand Island after awaking to a broken fridge/freezer! Oh adult life..

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment