Sunday, January 25, 2015

SI-- WEEK THIRTY

"She's up!" That's the phrase I hear weekly after my post-call nap (like today!). Today worked out perfect. I was just getting home this afternoon from work as T came in the house from church -- so I got to steal a few smooches before I took my much-needed nap. I only had a couple hours of sleep at work and then a short nap at home.. so I anticipate this week may be a drowsy one! I'm taking advantage of the energy I have now to get a few things done..

Like the new recipe T and I tried for dinner --> Sesame Chicken Salad! I probably should have renamed it because as I went to serve it I realized we didn't have sesame seeds -- whoops! It was delicious anyway :) Expect to see it in it's own post because I know it is one I'll want easy access to in the future..

[1] dinner version
[2] packed for work tomorrow
If I had to pick another highlight of the week I'd say meeting my friend's new little girl! I don't have any real pictures, but picture this: a sweet little baby sleeping in her swaddle - occasionally making those cute little newborn coos - sometimes sticking her little tongue out to rest on her bottom lip - and her adorable 3yo brother running laps around the living room and talking about plants and "photo-fin-ta-sis" (photosynthesis). It was pretty perfect. And it's always great to spend time with friends outside of working in clinic together!

The final big news for this blog post is I officially told Grand Island today that they are my residency site of choice. I received a call on my drive home today and *thankfully* was still able to form coherent thoughts/sentences even though I was post-call. I let them know that T and I really look forward to completing my training with them (but even more exciting will be spending more time with T's grandparents! And yes, I told them that too). Tomorrow I'll meet with the residency director in Omaha and make sure I know logistically how to "rank" the program for the match. I doubt we've chatted much about "The Match". Every March, medical students around the country find out where they've "matched" for their residency. The Match is a fancy algorithm that takes each students "rank list" and compares it to each residency program's rank list to essentially assign everyone a residency. "Match Day" takes place in March and is when each student finds out where they.. you guessed it.. matched. Most medical schools have a ceremony - often students open the sealed envelope on stage and finds out along with the rest of audience where they are headed. Kinda crazy, huh? I'll have fun at Match Day hearing what specialities and programs my classmates are headed too.. but I won't have the anxiety that my classmates will since I'm already in PriCare.

Well I'll wrap this up so I can head back to bed! Ha. Post-call days. Hope you all have a great week! Love ya!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment