Sunday, February 9, 2014

M3-- WEEK THIRTY TWO

I don't have a lot to share this week... We had a lot of fun social things (probably more than I should have!) but none that is probably worth detailing here. I just finished a week doing surgeries with Gynecology and next week I'll be in the OR with Surgical Oncology. When I'm not at the hospital, I'll be doing my best to study because our OB/GYN SHELF is Friday afternoon. There is a lot to accomplish between then and now.. so I don't know if I'll be hoping that time passes fast or slow ;)

Today I've been craving a better weekly routine. I feel like in these last few weeks in particular, every day has been a total scramble. We've been buying a lot of lunches because we haven't been organized -  that gets expensive! The unpredictable schedule is probably the most frustrating part of this school year for me.. I hate not being able to plan ahead! Some weeks (like when I am in clinic) I have an idea of the general hours I'll be at the hospital.. but others vary quite a bit! I'm a big fan of maintaing a regular sleep/wake pattern.. but that has been thrown out the window this year! So tonight, I am going to quit being lazy and develop at least a bit of a weekly routine...
     + prepare lunches on Sunday evening (likely the salads from earlier this year)
     + grocery shop later in the week so we have the ingredients for the lunches
     + plan a few dinners each week to avoid multiple grocery store trips (and so the evenings aren't so hectic!)
     + maybe pick a day for laundry?
     + have a regular budget-review time (weekly? monthly?)
     + and in a dream world, plan date nights/activities occasionally!
Sometimes my goal setting is a little lofty.. so we will have to wait and see if my weekly plans end up being achievable or not..

To end with some fun: our new favorite show on our DVR is Treehouse Masters! Each episode follows the construction of a luxury treehouse.. it's right up my alley! (In our opinion) it's the perfect show to unwind to at the end of the day - it's entertaining but much less intense than the action series we record..


Have a good week! And happy early Valentine's Day!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment