Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CHESS BARS

I was shocked last night as I went to make this recipe and realized that I have not posted it on the blog. Seriously? Of course I then promptly forgot to take any pictures.. But! You're in luck! I remembered again as I was putting the leftovers away this afternoon :) This is one of our go-to sweets to bring to parties (we like them best when they are room temperature or colder - so make them a little ahead!) (source)



ingredients
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 egg + 2 eggs
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
4 c. powdered sugar

directions
+ preheat oven to 300˚ and grease 9"x13" pan
+ mix cake mix with melted butter and 1 egg
+ press into pan
+ mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese, and 2 eggs
+ pour on top of previous layer
+ bake 40-50 minutes until golden brown

They aren't lookers.. but they are delicious! Thanks Mom for introducing us!

No comments:

Post a Comment