Sunday, January 29, 2012

You can do anything, but not everything

This post may come out as a bunch of ramblings because I don't have any clear direction, but here goes nothing...

Right now in school we are learning about the kidneys and lungs. Its not quite as thrilling as learning about the heart, but it is still much more interesting to me than some of our other topics. This week I got to step away from the books for a few minutes and visit an elementary school. We presented an anti-smoking campaign to fourth graders. It was entertaining to be surrounded by such fun spirits. When asked how they would spend their $1,800/year they would save by not smoking, we had responses like "I'd buy apps for my ipod". So fun to reflect on how much perspective/education changes with age.

My inspiration for this coming week is as follows:




It is the week before our next test which means it is time to get serious about studying. This will be our first Monday test so it may require a little different study schedule than other tests. I am definitely someone who packs my life to the max, so I will be exercising my ability to put things on the "after the test" list.





Less of this

More of this
What is new from our kitchen? Tonight I am trying a spaghetti squash- wish me luck! I am cooking it in the microwave so I am praying I pierced it enough so it doesn't explode. I'm also trying steel oats. I eat oatmeal daily, so I figure I will give the even-healthier-variety a shot. Last week T and I put together some freezer meals for the mancation the boys went on this past week. Did I tell you the boys went skiing? Yeah, I am jealous too. The simplest of the recipes was a new marinade:

ingredients - packet taco seasoning - jar apricot preserves - jar of salsa

directions combine with two pounds of chicken breasts. throw in gallon ziploc. freeze.

cooking thaw in fridge for 24 hours before cooking. bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


I am hoping to make a few of these freezer meals to have on hand when life gets busy. Do you have any recipes that freeze well? I hope ya'll have a fabulous week! Enjoy the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment