Sunday, February 5, 2012

Mancation 2012

So last week the guys and I took off for Colorado for a little fun in the snow. Evan, Ryan, Jamie, Todd and I went to Copper Mountain and snowboarded and skied for three days. We were gone a total of five. Tom and Patty Hoffman were nice enough to let us use their condo that they have in Frisco, CO. The condo was so nice and we had a blast.



The eight hour drive was a lot of fun. You learn a lot about a person when you are cooped up with someone for that long.


We were very fortunate and got 9 inches of snow. The fresh powder that we got to ski and snowboard on was amazing. 



We skied on some pretty crazy parts of the mountain. This part was a black diamond run and we were on a small ridge on the mountain. The wind was really blowing hard and we all wanted to get to a lower part of the mountain. 




This is what can happen when the snow gets to deep. We all had this great idea to take a tree route down to the bottom. Well as you can see it did not turn out very well for me. I was lucky that Jamie stayed with me cause it took us an hour to finish this run. Jamie said that he had never seen someone get stuck as bad as that. Two years ago he said he had never seen someone hit the ground as hard as I did when we were skiing in Steamboat. I guess I am just not the norm.  





But now you can see that I actually do know how to ski a little bit and I am not totally worthless. We had so much fun flying down the mountain. 



 The ski trips that we take every year are going to be something that I remember for the rest of my life. I am so thankful that I am able to partake in this great family outing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment