Sunday, July 22, 2018

The best we could do is catch Elle mid-yawn, however, I hope you can see how joyful we are right now!
This week, Elle was happiest babbling back-and-forth with us or laying on her play-mat where she can now see the hanging toys!
This week...
-- we finalized child care for Elle! We've struggled (like all first-time parents, I'm sure) to decide since before she was even born. We loved the one-on-one attention and convenience of a nanny but the socialization (and price!) of the other local options like an in-home daycare or daycare center. Most of the in-home daycares weren't an option because they either didn't have any openings or their drop-off times weren't flexible enough for our schedules. With Travis commuting to work and my inconsistent hours (some days I'll need to round at the hospital before work) we couldn't commit to a 7:45 drop-off like a few offered. I'll spare you the details, but we found a fabulous woman to be Elle's nanny! We couldn't be more excited! 
-- is one week closer to me returning to work! I had a meeting to sign up for benefits for work: life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, and medical/dental insurance. Travis has good options for health insurance through his work so we have been going back-and-forth on which policies to select. What a headache! I did finish my life insurance interview this week (no I do not plan to pilot a plane in the next 2 years, no I do not plan to bungee jump or sky-dive in the next 2 years, yes I've left the country in the last few years, yes I've lost more than 10 pounds in the last 6 months, etc, etc) but they still need some blood work. Why is it that my to-dos take so many steps to finally cross-off the list?

xo,
Krista

1 comment: