Sunday, January 21, 2018

HO3-- WEEK 29

Time for a short recap of our family vacation to Colorado! We all met in Dillon, Colorado at a VRBO my Dad found and the majority of our crew spent their days skiing or snowboarding at local resorts.

The crew on the family ski trip:
K / T / E / Su / Se / R
Mom / Dad
It was so nice to meet/spend time with my sister's boyfriend Sean! I didn't ski as I was 20+ weeks pregnant, but R brought a GoPro so we got to re-live their day each evening! The videos were so. good.  I don't have any clips to post, but here are some photos:
See the GoPro in his hand?
They had a TON of fresh powder and the slopes almost to themselves!
As I wasn't on the mountain, I spent my days at the local outlet mall, eating at fun local cafes (here, here, here, and here more than once), seeing a movie, and grocery shopping for dinner! Our extended family in Omaha have a catering company that makes casseroles-to-go, so we brought lasagna and enchilada casserole which made those few nights simple. The Tres Leches cake was a highlight of the week (and someone some of my family had never had it before? I know! Crazy!) For breakfasts, we bought a bakers-dozen of Einstein Bagels and someone would roll out of bed early enough to make eggs and bacon to go with. The moutaineers ate either chili or soup from thermoses for their lunch (and discovered they have a thing for cheetos in chili!). We then spent our evenings watching the videos from the mountain, playing board games, and laughing until we cried about our shenanigans as children. We ended the trip at local escape room which was super fun. It was one of the best designed that we've done.. and we solved it before our time ran out! 

the mountaineers
SIBLINGS!
We had a fabulous time! It's wild to think it's the last family vacation before we add a little one to the mix!  Same place next year?

1 comment:

  1. Krista, I always enjoy reading your blog. Congrats on your wonderful news ! xo

    ReplyDelete