Sunday, September 24, 2017

HO3-- WEEK 12


This week..
-- we have big news! They demolished the previous, small one-car garage at our new house and poured the footings for our new garage! T spent the night there Friday night since he was working with Habit for Humanity in Kearney Saturday morning and he FaceTimed me so I could see the action! I spent the weekend picking out the design elements (overhead door, exterior door, and windows!) which involved about 1,000 more decisions then I anticipated. As you can see, we're squeezing the garage into our small backyard so I've been stressing about how to make it pleasant to look at it from our deck. After a lot of time on Pinterest and a to-scale mock-up, I think I've finally settled on the details. I'm sure I'll share more pictures once it's complete!
-- was Junk Jaunt in Central Nebraska. "[...] Junk Jaunt, like a large garage sale, is happening in 36 towns along the Loup River and Sandhills Journey Scenic Byways. The event spans nearly 500 miles of garage sales, collectibles, antiques, vintage items and quirky finds. This year, 760 vendors are selling things for Junk Jaunt [...]"  I didn't do any shopping- but it meant I got to spend the weekend with one of my favorite people while she crashed at my house! Our townhouse in Grand Island is so not setup for entertaining - but we still love any excuse!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment