Sunday, June 26, 2016

HO2-- WEEK 4

- sisters -
This week..
-- among the sadness of the loss of a family member, I had the blessing of spending the week with two of my siblings! They were able to sneak away from work and come back to Nebraska so we made the most of it! We went to a CWS game, did another escape room, and most importantly, just spent time together around the dinner table (and watching reality TV if I'm going to be honest..) I love my family!
-- I finished my last long overnight shift in the ICU! What a relief! The shifts are adrenaline-filled and you leave knowing that you made a signifiant difference - but they sure are stressful! Thursday will be my last day as a doctor in Omaha and then I will join T in Grand Island - for good. It's bittersweet to leave Omaha and all of my close friends but I am excited for the next opportunity! I'm sure I'll blog more about it in the next few months, but Grand Island is going to an awesome gig with fantastic training - I'm excited to get started. 
-- we ended the week with a delicious family dinner including my favorite ER doc! My mom made it happen so I could have a "proper send-off" before the move because, well, she's the best. We traded travel stories and plenty of laughs which is exactly how it should be. It's totally unreal that I won't be sharing an area code with these fabulous people any longer, but I'm glad I'll just be down the interstate!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment