Sunday, June 28, 2015

HOI-- WEEK 4

T prepping dinner for friends
This week I enjoyed..
-- time at Fun Plex with my family. I'm missing summers when we were young and everyday was spent in the water. But now, I make sure to at least have one day each summer poolside.
-- my last shift in the ER at the VA. Actually, looking ahead, I think it's my last rotation at the VA.. ever!
-- dinner with new friends and dinner with forever friends. T helped me pull together an awesome meal with our favorite strawberry poppyseed salad and a fancy entree of sirloin rolled around vegetables. We also tried a new French dessert via Julia Child - clafoutis. And yes Gma, I made real vanilla whipped cream to top it. You've taught me well - no fake butter or cream under this roof!
-- this stage of life. I'm grateful for all the quirks of the things we own: my '94 civic which has a aluminum can holding together the exhaust, our dryer that burns the tips of T's shirt collars if the load is too large, and our A/C which can't keep up during these hot days. Life is all about perspective - and these first-world-problems keep us grounded but also motivate us to be smart and pay off loans. 
-- Starting to plan an Omaha bucket list. We move to Grand Island in exactly 12 months so, for fun, we're casually working on a list of "must-dos" before they are more inconvenient. Not surprising, the majority of my list so far involves food or sports!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment