Sunday, February 1, 2015

SI -- WEEK THIRTY ONE

It's official - I'm done with my month at the VA! I finished my last long-call shift and left just as the 6+ inches of snow were beginning to fall:

For the record, the water drop on my cheek is a melted snowflake -- there were definitely no tears shed!
This next month is a month of lectures and my continuity clinic -- so that means no more overnights, no more early mornings, no more VA cafeteria food, and no being questioned on the spot during "morning report" (an hour where we work through a case presentation to make a diagnosis. If I haven't chatted about it before.. just know that it typically involves going around the room answering questions on the spot. Not my favorite activity as I still have so much to learn!). The one trade-off is I don't have an excuse to wear scrubs again until March.. But I'll trade more sleep for dressing up any day!

This past week we had a little drama.. we received a call from our credit card company asking us if we just made multiple consecutive purchases at a local grocery store in town. Sure enough, two of my credit cards were missing from my wallet and were being used in various stores around town. My personal favorite of the purchases was a stop at Golden Corral. Thankfully, our credit cards were quickly closed and we've already been refunded for the fraudulent charges. The only hassle was that we do a lot of bill paying online and have some automatic transactions set up with those cards -- so T had a little reorganizing to do for us. I think we have it all settled now! This was one of those times were being married to a banker was quite convenient!

On a more positive note -- our recent snowfall has made for an absolutely beautiful view out our back windows:


And after a considerable amount of shoveling, we were able to make it across town to watch the Super Bowl with my family. We played some Ticket to Ride before the game, ate ribs + beans + pretzel salad + cheese dip + pie, and best of all -- enjoyed time together:


When we got back to our townhouse this evening there was only one parking spot left in our area.. and it was 6+ inches deep in snow. Let's just say, T and I are very ready to have a garage someday. We will probably dream of snow blowers tonight as our hands ache from all the shoveling.. but at least it's good exercise!

Have a fantastic week and, if you have weather like ours, stay safe on the roads! Love you all <3 

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment