Sunday, January 11, 2015

SI--WEEK TWENTY EIGHT

For starters, I left this post open on the iPad when I left the room, and T tried to sneak in a little message I completely agree with: "Travis is the best!"

Second, I made raspberry pinwheels pastries again. I figured a little sugar would be the perfect way to start a long shift at work tomorrow :) You'll likely see a recipe post on these later this week because I love having all of my favorite recipes in one place. I use Pinterest to find new recipes that others have posts on blogs.. But I've saved thousands of new recipes to try on my boards. This blog is a much quicker place to find the "old reliables". 



I don't have a lot to chat about from this week. I've been busy with work -- tomorrow I'll do another 30+ hour shift. I am looking forward to clinic this week as I have some cute pregnant patients that are due to visit me! Since I did an overnight shift last Tuesday -> Wednesday, I was post-call on my clinic day had to cancel my clinic. I really enjoy clinic and miss it when I'm not there for a while! Clinic is becoming even more fun as I start to establish my own patient panel. At the beginning of the year, my patients were entirely "acute" visits (coughs, colds, recent injuries, etc) or other doctor's patients who didn't want to wait an extra week or w/e to see them. It's tiring to have a whole clinic of strangers! Now, I have a fair number of people that choose to see me and are familiar to me. Unfortunately, in another school year, I will be starting all over again since I'll be in a new city!

I'll finish this post with something fun -- more information about the graduation trip T and I have planned. T & I are definitely planners.. We have no less than 5 years planned in detail at any time. For example, we are nearly certain of the timeline we will use to pay off my loans -- and we really hope to stick to it! I tell you this, because it made the decision to spend some money on a trip a difficult one.  We definitely never felt entitled to a celebration trip. But, we realized that the next time I would have 4 consecutive weeks of vacation would be when I'm home on maternity leave someday. So, we decided on EUROPE! If you know us well, you won't be surprised that we are traveling via our favorite method: cruise ship! In fact, we've been on this exact ship before. It's an incredible ship.. and we are glad that we won't be distracted by all the bells & whistles onboard when we could be exploring Europe. 




We will be sot point the following places (in no particular order):

Italy: Rome, Naples/Pisa, Florence
France: Provence
Spain: Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca

If you've been to any of these cities, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the different sites to visit! We will have less than a day in each port to just get a taste.. so we definitely won't be able to explore everything. I've been stalking airfare for a couple months now and it is just barely starting to creep down in price. I'm determined to not overspend! We're super excited and feel very fortunate to take such a trip!

I'll leave it at that tonight. I hope you all have a fabulous week!

xo,

Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment