Sunday, November 16, 2014

SI-- WEEK TWENTY

This post is written with heavy eye-lids because I just returned from a Girl's Weekend to celebrate my med school friend's wedding! I doubt you really care about the details but I'll show you the highlights...

We started here in Omaha by all crashing at one of our homes Friday night. Of course, we included a fair amount of themed games/activities:

After a late night of girl talk, we packed up our gear and headed to Des Moines for a night out! The snow made our travel a little longer than expected.. but we made it our next stop - the winery for a painting class! Sitting on my side of the table was a beautiful view of the snow falling out over the vineyard with lighted wreaths hanging about each window. I regret not taking a picture because it really was gorgeous.
My painting! It was so much harder than I expected!

The lovely ladies in our group! If anyone would like a lovely
painting hanging in their home I would be happy to gift it to you ;)
I have fewer pictures to share from the rest of the night... we headed to the hotel (where all 7 of us shared a suite!) to get gussied up with our free drinks from the hotel happy hour. We passed on the hotdogs and chili that was offered (who has a hotdog buffet with happy hour? totally bizarre! The senior citizens on the tour bus were totally loving it. So I guess there's that...) After we were all dressed, we grabbed dinner at a Chinese restaurant nearby before spending the night at a Dueling Piano Bar. Our hotel was perfect because it was walking distance to everything! We had a lot of attention at Dueling Pianos -- partly because there is a bidding war to decide what college football team the bar will support for the night. Well.. we were very enthusiastic for Nebraska (despite the ugly, ugly loss earlier that day!). The Cyclone and Hawkeye fans were not pleased - but the "saying of the night" was consistently GO BIG RED. Everyone once in a while people would pay to change it.. but there were a couple guys who kept it GBR for us :) We contributed exactly zero of our own dollars to this competition. The Husker fight song was also played multiple times with our enthusiastic support on stage each time. Nebraska has the best fans in the nation, right?! And yes, the bride-to-be was definitely embarrassed onstage per the request of her future in-laws. So fun!

Tonight I'll be super appreciative of sleeping in my own bed. This week is going to be busy with preparing for my board examination that I take next week. This weekend was my last hurrah until that is over! I'll spend most days this week at the hospital in radiology lectures with my own clinic on Monday and Wednesday afternoon. This is already my last week of Radiology! Time sure flies! Friday morning I'll take my final exam and then Friday afternoon I interview in Grand Island. Wish me luck!

xo,
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment