Sunday, September 1, 2013

M3-- WEEK NINE

This week was the end of my surgical rotation! Friday morning I took my SHELF examination and then I've spent the rest of the weekend with T! (As a side note.. I'm already super out of practice at taking standardized tests. This one was only 100 Qs (2.5 hours) and I was antsy and ready to be done like one hour into it.) So, since my surgery rotation is over, that means no more dressing like this:

As much as I enjoyed dressing like an astronaut during joint replacements, I am ready to move on to the next rotation - Family Medicine in Grand Island. I have a feeling this will be a long two months since I will be away from home. I'm sure I'll be counting down the seconds until I am (1) back in Omaha with T and (2) back at Children's Hospital in November!

This weekend has been crazy trying to balance catching up on life / getting organized for my next rotation / having fun. Saturday morning I would leave one room to grab something for a project and find myself starting another project then walking back to the first room and getting distracted in a third project! There was just so much that I wanted to do! I did accomplish one project:


Spending time in the OR with the orthopedic surgeons made me want to drill something -- so I switched out our cabinet hardware. It's driven me crazy since we stained the cabinets (well, since we put up the backsplash really) that we had brass hardware. It was a quick project but it was still nerve-wracking to drill holes in our kitchen cabinets!

One of the best parts of this weekend was spending a lot of time with friends. I've done nearly nothing social since school began July1. Friday we went out with some of our friends from T's work for drinks/food and Saturday we had friends over for the Husker game. I'm super thankful to have Monday off so that I can spend the day getting packed!

I'm going to keep this short & sweet so I can spend as many of my last minutes in town with T as possible. Have a great week!

xo,
Krista

1 comment:

  1. K and T: I hope you're enjoying your long Labor day weekend. No one deserves it more! I know the next few months will be a challenge. I love you both more than words can say. Thanks for sharing your life with me.

    ReplyDelete