Monday, July 2, 2012

Homemade Cilantro Ranch Dressing

Those of you who know me best know that I love to over-share. So I just can't keep my mouth shut about this amazing ranch recipe. I will admit... I am a snob about a few things in life (hopefully just these few!). I am picky, picky, picky about (1) colors, (2) fabrics, and (3) ranch. I'll eat Runza's ranch.. but that is about it. I can't handle the thick, sticky bottled stuff. YUCK.

I gave the following recipe a try mostly because it felt really fancy to make something in my blender that doesn't have ice cream as it's first ingredient. AND I got to use tomatillos for the first time. Ask T.. I probably dropped that word 20+ times while we were cooking last night.



Homemade Cilantro Ranch Dressing

ingredients
1 packet of traditional Hidden Valley Ranch mix
1 c. mayonnaise
1 c. buttermilk
2 tomatillos
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 clove of garlic
1 lime
1 jalapeño

directions
combine all ingredients in blender


So you may be thinking, "What should we eat this with?" We made taco salads with romaine lettuce, marinated chicken, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, and roasted corn. FYI for you westerners, this ranch is supposed to be like Cafe Rio's. Today for lunch, I made a rice bowl with the cilantro-lime rice, marinated chicken, black beans, roasted corn, romaine lettuce, and of course the cilantro ranch. Okay, so it was basically last night's taco salad with more rice and less lettuce. I think leftovers a little more fun to pretend they are something new :) 

 

PS- I still haven't figured out how I am going to handle the upload maximum long-term. For now, I can delete pictures that I've uploaded but didn't post to make space for a few more. I will let you know when I get this problem resolved. No pictures would mean lots of space for me to ramble.. and neither of us want that ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment