Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 42

ANNIVERSARY
We went to Blue  for dinner and purposefully went early so we could get the happy hour prices. We ate edamame, mango crab rangoon, pork gyoza, and the grilled chicken lettuce wraps. so good. and so cheap!


Then we went home, exchanged gifts, and ate some of the top tier of our wedding cake.

 
T loves his black cherry & cream soda
Flowers from T
Cake: before
Cake: after      
BASEMENT
Here is our basement as of about four minutes ago:



Why do we have a dangly switch plate? Well.. maybe you can tell from this picture (or maybe not lol) but our dimmer switch is too tall for the box. Whoops. So we need to figure out that little detail. 



I spent quite a few hours this week working on the trim along the stairs... cutting, gluing, caulking... you know the drill. Sadly, I have those pictures on a different computer so I will have to post those another time. Boy these little projects take time! I've listened to many hours of Property Brothers while I've been working. It is my new favorite show.

**UPDATE**
Here are a few before & afters of the trim in the basement:

   

  


 


LIFE
Other than that, I am still adjusting to all this time off. I keep thinking I just have a week or so off, like during Spring Break, so I am constantly working in a panic. I don't know what I am going to do with the rest of the summer! I'm sure I will find things to keep busy :) Hopefully I can find things that are less labor-intensive (and less expensive!)

We've also been spending time at the pool working on our tans so we can make it through this next winter without dangerously reflecting light off our pale skin:



No comments:

Post a Comment