Sunday, March 4, 2012

It is almost spring break

How did we spend our past week? Well, we did much of the usual: work, study, sleep, eat.

Saturday I (Krista) helped out with Kids Against Hunger packing my part of one million meals. Later that afternoon I went to Costco with some friends and totally fell in love with the place. A membership is now on my whatever-gift-giving-holiday-is-next wish list.

Today after church, we watched the Creighton basketball game with a few friends at our house and pieced together a breakfast-for-dinner meal. Our friends made us a german pancake while we fried some bacon and scrambled some eggs. We even had some peanut butter-chocolate chip-banana bread thanks to T's mom. Tonight's dinner used 17 eggs. Do we normally have 17 eggs at home? No, some kind friends gave us 18 yesterday. :)

After our friends left, we spent about an hour obsessing over a Nebraska map ranking my summer rural care block. UNMC sets us up in a rural family practice clinic for 3 weeks over the summer and our top three preferences are due this week. I am excited to hear where I'll have my experience.

This coming week is a busy one with a test Friday morning, but then, the much awaited SPRING BREAK. We have been brainstorming some house projects for over the break, so stay tuned!

Before I wrap this up, I want to extend another genuine thanks to all of my family who so willingly collected names of my ancestors for me. I sent out a simple email asking about my family history and so many wonderful responses came back! Next week I am going to start to compile all of that information into an organized tree-of-sorts. I've heard that family history work can get real frustrating real quick, but for now I am super excited to fill in some blanks.

Have a fabulous week! Enjoy the be-a-utiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment