Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving week!

This week started like any normal week: class, studying, visiting my preceptor, etc. Tuesday night we had a fondue party with some of my friends from medical school and their fiances. There were three couples and we each brought a course. T and I brought the cheese :) I'll have to share the recipe my friend Dana used for the broth to cook the meat, it was delicious!

Sarah and Mike have a fancy fountain!

Then, Wednesday after class the week became even more awesome. We drove to Grand Island to spend Thanksgiving day with T's grandparents and Mom. We had all the traditional fixins: turkey, potatoes, giblet gravy, dressing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, "green" salad,  rolls, and multiple pies.



Friday, Travis was back to work, and I headed to my parent's house to help decorate the outside of the house for Christmas and hang with Grandma Eberhardt:


Hanging over-sized ornaments on the trees
Grandma was there for moral support :)

Isn't she pretty!

 After my parent's house, I headed home so T & I could decorate our house for our first married Christmas!


Saturday, my family came over to our house for dinner and to celebrate Christmas early with Grandma Eberhardt. The menu consisted of pomegranate & apple salad, burgers on the grill, baked potato wedges, and chocolate souffle for dessert. I'll post the recipes separately sometime later this week.


My family is the best! They even help clean up afterwards!

Some of my favorite people ever!

We laughed a lot too 
After dinner, we played LCR until we were ready for dessert. Our poor neighbors! This picture is deceiving  because we are actually quite rambunctious and competitive!


Now its back to the real world for three more weeks.. then its Christmas break baby!! I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Travis and I have our last Thanksgiving activity tonight when I get back from choir-- reading what we were thankful for this year! Each night we each wrote down one thing on a slip of paper.. I am excited to see what we wrote!

No comments:

Post a Comment