Sunday, November 20, 2011

Last November Post of 2011

Thanks Mom for the flowers!

I feel completely overwhelmed as I sit to write this post. Its the last one in November, and I know I have not even begun to scratch the surface on things I am thankful for. I've also listed such random things... not necessarily the things that I am most thankful for. But... I am going to get over it and write another (disorganized, but genuine) post.

Tonight, I am thankful for a husband who is simple to please. Want to know what food he craves? Sandwiches. He told me today he would be the happiest man in the world if I worked at Subway and brought him a sandwich each night for dinner. Simple, huh? He is so fantastic. I know we are only approaching six months, but he takes such good care of me! Even silly things, like cleaning the house. I am sure that I would survive if our place was cluttered and dusty, but he knows that a messy house adds to my stress, so he helps keep it nice. 

Though the cleaning is much appreciated, the most fabulous thing about Travis is his kind heart. I asked him what I should write about this week on the blog. Well, more specifically, I asked what I should profess to be thankful for. His answer? That all of our needs are met right now... and I couldn't agree with him more. It is so easy to focus on wants. I am sure we could all create gigantic lists of things that would nice/convenient/fun to enjoy. But we both agree, we are completely physically/spiritually/emotionally cared for. Could we ask for anything more this holiday season? Its fantastic! 
The leftover salad- YUM

So this wouldn't be the Stoecker Family Blog without mention of food, and we had some fabulous new recipes this week! But I am not going to share them.. yet.. because I plan to serve the same recipes to many of you all this holiday season! Saturday we had dinner at a friend's and we brought a pomegranate+apple+walnut salad and garlic+oregano+parsley rolls. They were both so delicious! So delicious, that we even ate the leftover-from-last-night-drenched-in-dressing-almost-too-soggy salad today for lunch. It was even better the second day. Our friends also introduced us to a hilarious comedian, Brian Regan. Check him out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUsfEkVRDY 

The last thing I want to record, is some year-specific information so we can reread this 20-40 years and laugh.  This November, I am especially thankful for the following musical artists: Jon Schmidt, Ingrid Michaelson, Eric Hutchinson, and Michael Buble. They are my go-to artists on Pandora when I am not studying. And for fashion trends, I like: round scarves, tall boots over skinny jeans, and crackle topcoat nail polish. We have been watching the Twilight Movies (Travis is just learning about Team Edward vs Team Jacob), Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Big Bang Theory, and The Sing Off. Oh, and I can't get enough teal and grey in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment