Sunday, September 18, 2011

The past seven days...

This week was sort of uneventful. Well, that is not true. I turned twenty-two on Wednesday. Travis surprised me by picking up dinner from a restaurant because I did not have the time to go out to eat. My parents stopped over and brought my requested "birthday cake", fruit cobbler (thanks again mom!). I can tell I've finally gotten used to a student-grocery budget because I was equally excited about the "name brand" vanilla ice cream she brought.

This week I also had some good lunch meetings. Monday I learned about the life of a typical pediatric allergist. Tuesday they dedicated the green space outside of the medical school building. Warren Buffett was there handing out Dilly Bars:

This is my one of my classmates, Rob. Buffett said, "Here! Pretend to steal my wallet!"

Wednesday I ate free lunch while listening to a transplant surgeon. I really enjoy the lunch meetings at UNMC. First, because I like free lunch. Second, because I don't have to spend time packing a lunch the night before. Third, because I am learning a lot about the lifestyle and training different specialties demand- even if they are specialties I know I am not interested in.

The rest of the week was mainly studying. I made some sacrifices this week in order to spend Saturday night with Travis' family. I stayed at school until 10:30 Friday night studying hard and studied Saturday morning during the game. I did strategically plan my shower for the afternoon so I could listen to the game on the radio. I also had to give up my no-study-sunday approach, for now. There is just too much material in this section to sleep decent hours AND have some social time.

The goal of this week (much like every other week) is effective studying! Saturday's test is quickly approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment