Sunday, November 2, 2014

SI-- WEEK EIGHTEEN

Gone are the days of wearing my pager at home and keeping my phone on sound all night long! This girl is free from interruptions at night for 2 months! Woo hoo! I had an amazing month on OB.. but I am ready to have a life again. Today has been fabulous. It started early, around 0430, with one final call in to L&D. I was out of the hospital and able to get changed in time to get to church! Then T and I spent the afternoon napping, enjoying a nice meal together, watching sports and working out. Now that's a perfect day!

I think I've probably mentioned briefly before, but I am hoping to spend the final two years of my residency training outside of Omaha. Grand Island has always been my dream training site - it was where I fell in love with Family Practice after all! I'll be scheduling an interview with them shortly to hopefully be accepted to their tract :) However, I'm also going to interview in Scottsbluff, because like Grand Island, they have excellent OB training - specifically for C-sections. T and I are very excited about living in either city. We love the idea of a smaller community especially one with easily assessable outdoor activities. Scottsbluff would be awesome for this reason with all the hiking in the bluffs! Omaha is always available as an option for us if we for some reason hate both places (or they both hate us). We will know for sure in March where we are headed!

Besides preparing for interviews and trying not to be too type-A and plan every detail of our potential lives in each city (too late! I've been stalking realtor & apartment websites for weeks..) I am preparing for my next set of boards at the end of this month. The (only) nice part of this test is I get to take it at a testing center here in town! No expense for traveling this time! So I'll be spending my evenings reading and taking as many practice questions as I can without going crossed eyed :) Then, before you know it, it will be Thanksgiving!

Now, because I think it's totally boring to have a blog post without a picture, check out the delicious pizza we made earlier this week:
That's one-half pepperoni + pepperchini + mozzarella + cream cheese + marinara and one-half sweet baby ray's bbq sauce + smoked pork + mozzarella. We were gifted this pizza paddle last week and it made the pizza --> grill transfer so much easier. Thanks V! Next, we want to try a dessert pizza. We will let you know how it turns out..

Have a fabulous week!

xo,
Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment