Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Butternut Squash Macaroni

Sorry. This picture is pretty worthless.
Recipe from here
ingredients
4 c. diced raw butternut squash
3 c. uncooked macaroni
1/2 tsp dried sage
3 T olive oil
8oz fontina cheese
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. butter
2/3 c. half and half
1/3 c. bread crumbs

directions
- combine squash, olive oil, and sage
- roast at 350º for 40 minutes
- cook macaroni
- blend squash with salt and half and half
- toss macaroni with squash mixture
- pour into baking dish
- sprinkle with bread crumbs, butter, and cheese
- bake at 350º for 15 minutes uncovered then 20 minutes covered

review
This recipe is not a new idea, but it was new for T and I. For starters, I don't eat much squash. We didn't eat it much growing up so it is just not a vegetable I grab often. However, I enjoy trying new things so I decided to give this one a shot. As I was preparing it, I really thought I would hate it. When I brought this to the table, I told T "enjoy it this time, because I am never making this again." However, my attitude completely changed when I took a bite. This dish has fairly simple flavors, but they are quite satisfying! T and I are both big fans of this one. If you try it, you'll have to let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment