Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another weekly update

Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts/prayers/stories about balancing family and careers. We feel so privileged to have such intelligent/kind/open family & friends who allow us to learn from their experiences. Also, don't feel like this new blog post means you can't still share :)

This week was a lot of fun. I (Krista) had a test Wednesday and we took advantage of the night off by first going out to dinner at one of our favorite places- Cracker Barrel. Then Travis treated me to one of my favorite activities: walking around Home Depot while dreaming up a million future projects for our home. I did lose him at one point and found him drooling over the power tools :)

Thursday, we had a full table with a total of 7 adults and a baby at our house for dinner (potluck style). We ate with our friends + significant others from medical school before we went to the local pioneer museum. (Blogging fail. I forgot to take a single picture)

Friday we went to the UNO hockey game with our good friends Sam & Shauna. They treated us to Ted and Wally's Ice Cream afterwards- so good

Sam & Shauna











Travis has some exciting news-- he is now President Stoecker. Travis has started working as the Sunday School President at church. He is responsible for:
     - "participating in efforts to build faith and strengthen individuals and families"
     - "overseeing efforts to improve gospel learning and teaching"
     - "suggesting ways members can improve learning and teaching at church and in their homes"
     - "supporting Sunday School teachers by visiting them and their classes"
     - "overseeing the library"
It is an honor to know that other's also see T as the honorable/trustworthy man that he is. I think I can speak for both of us when I say we are excited for this opportunity and know that T will learn and grow from this experience.


(No, it wasn't on a human patient. You can rest assure it was simply a pigs foot)

Finally, a medical school update: we just finished learning about the digestive system and next is the reproductive system. I really enjoy these physiology classes. However, sometimes I find myself wishing I had time to slow down and actually appreciate how truly impressive this stuff is. I try to remind myself that I have the rest of my life to admire the human body.. my job right now is to learn as much as I can so I have a foundation for the years to come.

But I did get out of the books and learned how to tie a few simple stitches this week ---->



No comments:

Post a Comment